|Contact and criteria
Normally, a young man interested in Marist life would be in contact with one of the Marists in the country from which he came.
These contacts are as follows:
Papua New Guinea
Regional Superior, PO Box 223, Buka, Bougainville, PNG  973 9227
Superior, Marist College Bomana, PO Box 1101, Boroko , NCD, PNG  328 1292
Regional Superior, PO Box 1929, Honiara, Solomon Islands Phone: 22745
P. Superieur Regionale BP 474, Port Vila, Vanuatu  24440
P. Supérieur Régionale, BP 8214, 98807, Nouméa, New Caledonia  25.35.38
Wallis et Futuna
P. Supérieur Régionale BP G6, 98699 Mata-Utu, Wallis  72 29 32
Criteria for a Vocation in the Society of Mary in Oceania
The requirements for a Catholic young man seeking to enter the Society of Mary are:
1. Reasonable maturity and experience of life (usually at least one year out of school and between 21 and 35, normally)
2. A sensible person with a maturity suitable to his age.
3. Adequate education and intelligence. (Normal entry level is Form 6 or Form 7 or Grade 12.)
4. Physical health and freedom from chemical and alcohol dependency.
5. Signs of a good Catholic life e.g. regular prayer and mass, usually from healthy Catholic family background, some participation in church life (at parish level)
6. Normally at least one year’s contact with, and accompaniment by, a Marist, prior to being accepted into a formation house.